Owner and director of The Business Studio, Sarah Matheson, is a business strategist, brand developer and marketing practitioner. She is well acquainted with working alongside large marketing teams with sizeable budgets as well as small entities and sole practitioners. She is expert at finding innovative ways to engage broad target audiences with messages that resonate to make a change and build brands.
As well as working with SMEs, her corporate marketing experience includes working at a senior management level for:
- Unilever NZ
- Danone/Griffins Foods Ltd
- Tegel Foods
- NZ Dairy Foods
- Meadow Lea Foods
Sarah has vast experience in marketing, business development and category management in both full time and consulting capacities. Sarah has worked in roles that have included Marketing Director and Marketing Manager for brands such as:
- Anchor Milk – creating the Anchorville campaign and launching brands such as Mega Milk
- Fresh ‘n Fruity – creating the ‘Pottle’ campaign and launching fresh ‘N fruity Deluxe Yoghurts.
- Griffins Toffee Pops – creating the ‘Paradise’ campaign
- Griffin’s Cookie Bear
- Continental Pasta & Sauce, Cup A Soup, Sauces and gravies
- Five Brothers Pasta & Sauce – creating the five Brothers campaign and NZ launch
…and many more
Through The Business Studio, Sarah works with a range of clients, locally, nationally and internationalls and has been privileged to work with clients such as:
- Wairakei Tourist Park
- Destination Rotorua - Regional Tourism Operator
- Destination Great Lake Taupo - Regional Tourism Operator
- KnowITall online and digital marketing
- The Vine Eatery - iconic wine retailer and restaurant
- Photonewzealand - stock image library, largest collection of NZ images
- Vault Financial - financial advisers
- Tawa Hunter Ltd/ Too Luscious - jewellery designers & retailers
- Hikoi - active & outdoor wear retail chain
- The Linen Room - upmarket linen retail store
- The Property Store - property managers
- Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge - NZ's largest cycle event
- Hanui Healing Hands - health & wellness
- Huka Honey Hive - tourism retail visitor centre based on bees & bee related products
- skinmatters - skin analysis & therapy clinic
- Belly Activ - online exercise gear for pregnant women
- Big Tuff Timber Pallets - pallet manufacturer
- Taupo Native Plant Nursery - Native tree nursery
Capability provider to NZTE
The Business Studio is a registered provider to the NZTE Capability scheme. Through the Regional Business Partner (RBP) - Opportunity Hamilton - SME's have the opportunity for funding to grow their business.
RBP is a government initiative targeted at businesses that have the potential to innovate and grow and is designed to support business owners to take the next step to grow their business and to export. Partially subsidised training and coaching services may be available and can be accessed through a voucher system. Let us help yo usee if you qualify for funding.
Business Mentors New Zealand
Sarah is a business mentor with Business Mentor New Zealand. BMNZ offers small businesses access to experienced business people with experience to help then create sustainable businesses. BMNZ mentors volunteer their time and experience. Learn more here to see if this is of help to you.